Some clever soul on the ACB jotted down some chalking advice for y’all:
- No big groups. Break up into smaller running teams
- Have lookouts
- Try to hit places unlikely for power washers to go (Have you seen the unicorn that’s been at the corner of Williams and High for days?!)
- Mix blanket-chalking with strategic single chalkings in places unlikely to be erased in the near future.
- Wear good running shoes.
- After a while, P-Safe stationed people at key points, some of them were hiding. Look out for that, and after the first P-safe sighting, leave the obvious places (campus center, north college, south college, olin, mocon, science center) and hit less frequently targeted areas.
- They seem to be lecturing people that they catch. They try to make it sound like you are in alot more trouble than you are. Remember, if it is your first offense, you will just get a warning. Chalking is not considered a serious offense.
- Vertical walls are good because it’s eye-catching and the golf-cart washers won’t get it. Stairs and tops of low brick walls, ditto. Chalkings around the butts seem to last longer.
- Keep lines of sight in mind. Especially, remember that cars on the loop at the top of Foss can see all around Andrus.
- Chalk in the morning. Seriously. How many Psafe officers are patrolling at 9am?
- Hi-Rise parking lot is a goldmine. Butt Courtyards. Long walk behind Olin, next to Andrus.
- If you really want a message to last, look up: I won’t tell you where, but there’s a small arch that said “chalk lives” for upwards of two years–might still, I just haven’t checked recently.
- We also had good luck with big groups of chalkers in high-profile areas when a lot of parents and alumni are around. The administration thinks chalking makes the school look bad, but Psafe harassing students looks worse. Just be smart about it and don’t stand still long enough to get IDed after the guests start dispersing. Luckily, homecoming is very soon…
- If you’re hosting prefrosh, encourage them to chalk. They can’t get SJBed, and they tend to be pretty crazy-enthusiastic, especially around Wesfest.
Where To Get Chalk:
- Life Sciences Lounge in Hall-Atwater
- Bottom of the open-air shaft in the Science Tower
- Check the chalkboard in your classroom
- Distribution points outside Senior Fauver 312 and WestCo 4209
- Program houses often have a hidden cache of chalk. Check the closets, cabinets, old boxes.
(Visited 3 times, 1 visits today)