Come Contra Dance!
- “refers to a folk dance style in which couples dance in two facing lines” (wikipedia.com)
- is like square dancing. But better.
- is easy to learn. All you need are dancing shoes but sneakers will do.
- has a “caller.” She’ll tell you what to do and how to do it. There are very few “steps” involved (this is not riverdance), just general movement in circles and lines.
- is more fun in long skirts that look pretty when they spin. (because swinging your partner is involved).
- is done to live music. fiddles, guitars and a piano, playing traditional Irish, Scottish and American tunes.
Date: Friday, October 27th
Place: Butt A Lounge
(Visited 5 times, 1 visits today)