Liked contra dancing last time or (gasp) didn’t quite make it there? Rest easy, for a second round is coming up.
- is easy to learn. All you need are dancing shoes. Sneakers will do.
- “refers to a folk dance style in which couples dance in two facing lines”
- is like square dancing. but better.
- has a “caller.” She’ll tell you what to do and how to do it. There are very few “steps” involved (This is not riverdance), just general movement in circles and lines.
- is more fun in long skirts that look pretty when they spin. (Because swinging your partner is involved).
- is done to live music. fiddles, guitars and a piano, playing traditional Irish, Scottish and American tunes.
There will be a TEACH IN at 7:30, to go over some of the steps and the lingo.
The DANCE begins at 8! Come if you’ve done it for years. Come if you’ve never done it before.
Date: Saturday, December 9th
Time: 7:30pm – 10:00pm
Venue: Butt B Lounge