Something I learned today: Harvard publishes their completed teaching evaluations at the end of the year and makes them available to students. There’s an idea that could not only do away with the little-used E-squid but actually inspire students to fill out those godforsaken forms (the rustling of their 20,000 sheets of carbon paper haunts my sleep). Whether or not they actually get anything accomplished, I won’t argue, but this guy will.
Of course, as with any student opinion caucus, the best part are the outtakes. And my god, there are a lot of them.
I. Thank God I’m A Humanities Major.
- Had nightmares about [introductory computer science course] all the time.
- Was mentally draining.
- What preparation is necessary to take this course? AP Chem at least? or a brain transplant from Einstein.
- What preparation is necessary to take this course? Familiarity with basic chemistry, pact with the devil.
- Chem xx is a horrible class. It is the reason why I have decided to switch to a humanities major. Chem xx made me seriously consider transferring to another school. I can describe Chem xx as “hell on earth.”
- Would you recommend this course? I do not recommend this course, as [professor] is the devil himself. Lectures were a waste of my valuable time.
- Sweet Jesus, this class can be a nightmare.
- Would you recommend this course? No. It’s pain.
- I gained nothing but an ulcer and sleep deprivation from this class.
- What did you gain from this course? White hair.
- After getting massacred on the two midterm exams, I have decided not to concentrate in math. My interest in math has plummeted to an abysmal level. I need Prozac.
- What did you gain from this course? Problem-solving skills, teeth-grinding skills.
- What aspects of the course would you like to see changed? Don’t change the course, but warn people that it gets really huge and soul-killingly confusing at the end.
- Take this course only if you’re a technically-minded masochist with a few weeks to spare each month.
- Would you recommend this course? Hell no. The only reason people take it is because they have to or they are anal premeds. I gained many sleepless nights and a reacquaintance with being single.
- What preparation is necessary to take this course? Ability to receive a C with dignity.
- What preparation is necessary to take this course? Training in the dark art of masochism.