I shall present to you Wesleying’s own Danzig’s current Wespeak as a series of bullets you absolutely must read in response to his meeting with the board of trustees because I think it’s an example of great wespeak writing:
- “What is it about the job of trustee that precludes moderately successful Wesleyan alumni from serving? Why can the position only be held by higher-ups at biotech companies or Goldman-Sachs management?”
- “The plan proposes building the school’s academic reputation through the use of “previously unexploited strength in the sciences.”
- As a science major, I take offense at the view that our departments are a resource to be exploited.
- “‘a 50 percent increase in the proportion of science and math students,’ they conclude ‘we should be able to staff this increase with our current science faculty.’
- This semester, with the highest enrollment in introductory science classes in school history; with organic lab so overenrolled that night sections had to be opened which could easily run towards midnight; with organic lecture so overenrolled that the professor couldn’t find enough TA’s to keep the sessions as small as he feels necessary; with dozens of students getting closed out of basic-level math classes like statistics; it seems as though the trustees were unrealistic in their claims.”
(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)