OMG! It’s (EDIT: NOT) the Apple iSalesRep!

EDIT, by Brian: Ok guys; I’ve been had. Where are the hidden cameras? As a result, it appears the series of pictures which follows this text is misleading. Justin D responds:

> Your recent post on Wesleying is more than a bit misleading. I am not
> yet officially employed by Apple (and technically, won’t be for the
> foreseeable future) and, as such, I am receiving no compensation of
> any kind for spreading the news about the most revolutionary mobile
> device ever created (mm, mm, good: iPhone). I’d like it if you would
> clearly state, as an addendum to your post, that there is no conflict
> of interest in this situation?and do so as soon as possible.

Definitely. Sounds like there is no conflict of interest in this situation, I was wrong, and that was weak.

Mr. T, your verdict?

True that, Mr. T. This article was written without enough info, not enough fact checking, and once, in the late 1980s, this article smoked but did not inhale. Brian’s current credibility: down the shitter. Justin’s current cred: top notch.

Just for Brian’s criminal record: a series of images that will probably be deleted soon (note to self: save sweet dramatic word enlargement graphic)

http://wesleying.blogspot.com/2007/06/omg-its-apple-iphone.html


http://www.apple.com/education/campusreps/




From Facebook


(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)

28 thoughts on “OMG! It’s (EDIT: NOT) the Apple iSalesRep!

  1. Anonymous

    HEY HEY HEY HEY HEY!How do you know he. . . .or maybe I. . . . was angry, and not just enthusiastic?

  2. Anonymous

    HEY HEY HEY HEY HEY!

    How do you know he. . . .or maybe I. . . . was angry, and not just enthusiastic?

  3. Justin

    Excuse me, Anonymous, but doing what, exactly? I already explained what I was doing. I was putting the information out there solely as a personal recommendation. In case you missed my previous comment, I suggest you take a look.If you still take issue, I’d be more than happy to answer any questions you may have. I guarantee I can provide you with more information than you’ll gain by shouting, quite angrily, about my Facebook profile. Just send me an email: jlaselva@wes.And hey, take a deep breath. It sounds like you could use it. :-)

  4. Justin

    Excuse me, Anonymous, but doing what, exactly? I already explained what I was doing. I was putting the information out there solely as a personal recommendation. In case you missed my previous comment, I suggest you take a look.

    If you still take issue, I’d be more than happy to answer any questions you may have. I guarantee I can provide you with more information than you’ll gain by shouting, quite angrily, about my Facebook profile. Just send me an email: jlaselva@wes.

    And hey, take a deep breath. It sounds like you could use it. :-)

  5. Anonymous

    uhhh… we all just taking this at face value? he says he’s not ’employed’ by Apple. that sounds like a loophole, and his FUCKING FACEBOOK PROFILE STILL SAYS “CAMPUS REPRESENTATIVE”. Just because he’s not “employed” doesn’t mean he’s not doing this.

  6. Anonymous

    uhhh… we all just taking this at face value? he says he’s not ’employed’ by Apple. that sounds like a loophole, and his FUCKING FACEBOOK PROFILE STILL SAYS “CAMPUS REPRESENTATIVE”. Just because he’s not “employed” doesn’t mean he’s not doing this.

  7. Justin

    Anonymous posters!In response to Anonymous, three above this comment, the news of iPhone’s release has been out for months now. I was reading a new article about its industry-leading battery performance and new optical-quality glass touch screen and decided that it was so cool that I just had to post about it. I’m drooling over this gadget; I wanted to share the news.And if I posted the entry nine days from today, people would still think about buying it. They’d just be doing it nine days later. I don’t understand your argument, with all due respect.In response to Anonymous, right above this comment, I agree, Brian’s post is hilarious, both before and after, and I continue to appreciate his investigative reports that show up every so often on Wesleying.With respect, Anonymous, you yourself label this a rumor, and that’s precisely what this was.I’m not blaming Brian—or anyone, for that matter. It’s not a question of blame. It’s just about verifying that something’s correct before you make public accusations based on that information.As of right now, I am not employed by Apple. Any promotion I placed on Wesleying was done on my own time. I received no compensation of any kind, and was putting the information out there solely as a personal recommendation.I think the iPhone is great, dudez.If you’d like to discuss the matter further, please feel free to contact me at jlaselva@wes. I’d love to allay any concerns you may have over this topic.

  8. Justin

    Anonymous posters!

    In response to Anonymous, three above this comment, the news of iPhone’s release has been out for months now. I was reading a new article about its industry-leading battery performance and new optical-quality glass touch screen and decided that it was so cool that I just had to post about it. I’m drooling over this gadget; I wanted to share the news.

    And if I posted the entry nine days from today, people would still think about buying it. They’d just be doing it nine days later. I don’t understand your argument, with all due respect.

    In response to Anonymous, right above this comment, I agree, Brian’s post is hilarious, both before and after, and I continue to appreciate his investigative reports that show up every so often on Wesleying.

    With respect, Anonymous, you yourself label this a rumor, and that’s precisely what this was.

    I’m not blaming Brian—or anyone, for that matter. It’s not a question of blame. It’s just about verifying that something’s correct before you make public accusations based on that information.

    As of right now, I am not employed by Apple. Any promotion I placed on Wesleying was done on my own time. I received no compensation of any kind, and was putting the information out there solely as a personal recommendation.

    I think the iPhone is great, dudez.

    If you’d like to discuss the matter further, please feel free to contact me at jlaselva@wes. I’d love to allay any concerns you may have over this topic.

  9. Anonymous

    Hey Justin, the facts came from you putting that you were a Çampus Rep in your facebook profile. If that’s not true, you have nobody else to blame for starting the rumor other than yourself.I wouldn’t take it down brian, I think its valid and really funny.

  10. Anonymous

    Hey Justin, the facts came from you putting that you were a Çampus Rep in your facebook profile. If that’s not true, you have nobody else to blame for starting the rumor other than yourself.

    I wouldn’t take it down brian, I think its valid and really funny.

  11. Brian

    EDIT POSTED. Justin is not yet officially employed by Apple. That series of pictures and those cable news red boxes may have implied otherwise, and that’s wrong.Any objections to me deleting this? The offending post is down now anyways

  12. Brian

    EDIT POSTED. Justin is not yet officially employed by Apple. That series of pictures and those cable news red boxes may have implied otherwise, and that’s wrong.

    Any objections to me deleting this? The offending post is down now anyways

  13. Anonymous

    Justin, if you’re not doing this for Apple, why wouldn’t you post on the day before the iPhone was released, or the day it was out… Why 9 days before, a good time to get people to start thinking about buying one for themselves…

  14. Anonymous

    Justin, if you’re not doing this for Apple, why wouldn’t you post on the day before the iPhone was released, or the day it was out… Why 9 days before, a good time to get people to start thinking about buying one for themselves…

  15. Anonymous

    Ahh Justin, maybe you should lay off the Apple posts, seems like a conflict of interest. I don’t want to read adverts at wesleying…

  16. Anonymous

    Ahh Justin, maybe you should lay off the Apple posts, seems like a conflict of interest. I don’t want to read adverts at wesleying…

Comments are closed.