Hello dears, I bring you today’s assortment of learnings.
- India’s Untouchables – (National Geographic) “In India’s caste system, they’re viewed as less than human. But this in-depth look at their plight helps them in their struggle toward mainstream acceptance. Listen as writer Tom O’Neill reads from his article about India’s Untouchables.”
- Smoke Smoke, Smoke that Cigarette – (BBC Radio) “As July 1draws ever closer and England prepares itself for its own ban on smoking in enclosed public spaces, Mariella Frostrup explores what smoking has given entertainment and popular culture.”
- The Mormons – (PBS Frontline) A documentary about their history, beliefs and practices.
- A Consumers’ Republic – Lizabeth Cohen discusses the subject of her latest book, “A Consumers’ Republic,” and how mass consumption in America has affected social relations, physical landscape and political culture of the postwar era.
- Bob Marley – (BBC London Radio) Miss P takes a look at the man who spread reggae music worldwide with this special documentary. Includes live contributions from Ethiopia and music from what would have been his 60th year.
- An Inconvenient Truth – Well if you haven’t seen it…
Please let me know in the comments what you think of the series and what topics interest you. I can keep that in mind when I make the next one because if you can’t tell, my interests are pretty much just random.
- Previous learnings.