- Out in Iran – “In this startling and unique documentary, Out in Iran, we go to Iran and get the world’s first look at life inside Iran’s persecuted gay community. We meet an astonishing group of courageous people with heartbreaking stories.”
- Crittercam: House Cats – (National Geographic) “You’re closer to a natural-born killer than you think. Common housecats are actually fierce feline hunters responsible for killing over a billion small mammals and birds each year. Could this cuddly species with a taste for the wildlife spark an ecological disaster?”
- ‘Nigga’ It’s Just a Word or Is It? Implications of ‘Nigger/Nigga’ as Used in Mass Media – This panel discussion, moderated by Davarian Baldwin, assistant professor in the Boston College history department, examines “‘Nigga’ It’s Just a Word or Is It?: Implications of ‘Nigger/Nigga’ as Used in Mass Media.” Panelists include Professor Tricia Rose of the University of California at Santa Cruz; Professor Randall Kennedy, Michael R. Klein Professor of Law at the Harvard Law School; and Tim Wise, author of White Like Me: Reflections on Race from a Privileged Son. The panel explores the various uses of this racial slur in popular culture.
- The Facebook Phenomenon – Listen to a lecture on the popularity of Facebook, a student networking website delivered by Fred Stutzman. Stutzman is a Ph.D. student at the University of North Carolina – Chapel Hill. He is currently researching the effects of social technology and social networks.
- Diet Wars – (PBS Frontline) A look into all the diet plans out there and how they relate to the American obesity epidemic.
(Visited 1 times, 1 visits today)