Here’s the dining brochure, which upperclassmen should be getting soon (click to enlarge):
- No mention of how much the dining plans actually cost. You know, in real money. I understand now that it’s under Residential Comprehensive Fee, but why isn’t it listed on the brochure where you sign up for the freaking meal plan?!
- Weshop is back to its shitty 2-6 weekend schedule. Unnngghhhh.
- You know those rumors about them extending the hours of late night? Yeah, not true. The weekday hours actually got pushed up an hour, so now it closes at 12:30am instead of 1:30am. That’ll be fun during finals.
- Sophomores can’t be on all points. Oh my god, ’10, I’m so, so sorry.
- The Daniel Family Commons, which the website says is “An international buffet exclusively for faculty, staff and invited guests.” Wait…WHAT?!
Note that the brochure states that “At Wesleyan, student input is valued and critical to the success of the dining program.” So hey LET’S TAKE EVERYTHING THAT WAS INCONVENIENT ABOUT ARAMARK AND MAKE IT WORSE.
Promise: “We want the transition to be as easy and transparent as possible in readiness for the college’s summer conferences. “
Reality: “Hill said that criticism among dining staff has mainly concerned Bon Appétit’s lack of communication. It is not clear whether Summerfields will be a fully operational facility next year, serving lunch, dinner, and late night snacks. The completion date of the new campus center has not been announced. Although the company has officially promised to employ all 84 current staff members, many are wondering whether to look for new jobs.”
Promise: “To develop a partnership with the community to implement an innovative and highly satisfactory dining program”
Response: Hey okay that’s really big of you! Here are our suggestions! (Notice the VERY FIRST ITEM that comes up is the dining schedule)
Reality: No kthxbye.
At this rate they’d better not only keep Grandma, Wendy and Dave, but give them huge pay raises and buy them, I don’t know, puppies and cakes and dental insurance. You know, to cover the cavities from the cakes.
Bonus wank: If you go to their website and click on the any of the menu links, you get this lovely feel-good legend with no explanation whatsoever except a link to Circle of Responsibility website, which appears to be one of those “Hay guyz take care of urselves ;)” deals…
=COR Organic =COR Save Seafood, =COR Vegan,
=COR Well Being,=COR Gluten Free
What. The. Hell.
Edit: The ACB is not happy.