Ok, I admit it, I was a little disappointed with the film. But the BOOK comes out on Saturday. In anticipation, I found this quirky little recipe for Butterbeer I’m going to try:
1 litre cream soda
2-3 tbsp butter
2-3 tbsp brown sugar
200ml single cream
4 or 5 Werther’s Originals
- Put the cream soda in a pan to boil.
- Melt the butter and sugar together until the sugar has dissolved.
- Pour the butter and sugar mixture into the pan of boiling cream soda (make sure the soda is boiling, or the butter and sugar will solidify).
- Add the cream.
- Add the Werther’s Originals and stir continuously until they melt.
- Serve hot.
- You can also add a couple of shots of Butterscotch Schnapps for that extra kick!
Or you could try it cold:
1 cup butterscotch schnapps
7 cups cream soda (almost one 2 liter bottle)
Carefully mix just before serving, adding the schnapps to the soda then stirring gently to mix well, or the fizz will dissipate too soon.
Serve in beer mugs and enjoy!