Just got back from having my first meal at Usdan… Some random bits:
- The water fountains have this little niche with an overhead spout where you can fill bottles with filtered cold water
- Stainless steel everything
- Touchscreen directories on main floor
- Lots of infodesks scattered around
- Corkboards for flyers/announcements
- Glass-covered displays for student artwork
- Plasma screen TVs everywhere
- Computer stations everywhere
- Vending machines take WesCards!
- Crazy IKEA-ish lights/chairs
- Fireplace in 3rd floor
- Gameroom in basement with 2 ping pong tables and 2 table soccer things
- Mad crazy terrace, mad accessible roof
- Main dining areas split into 2 sides
- Dining area is CARPETED
- Tables are square and seat 4 each
- VERY crowded. With just OLs, RAs, PAs and international students, the place was adequately described to me as a “clusterfuck”. Hopefully will be less crowded when everyone isn’t all showing up at the exact same time. Lots of congestion around the Mongolian Grill (line wrapped around to cashier’s; had to cut line to get drinks/get out of the Marketplace), probably will get better as workers are trained
- Wendy’s here!
As for the food itself, it was very well-presented and professional-looking. The vegan stuffed eggplant I had wasn’t very good, but I hear that generally the food is good to great. Maybe I got a bad batch?
ALSO you can get your mailbox combination in e-portfolio under…somewhere.