Because I have no life over break/was extremely bored today, I started one of the projects I’ve been planning on starting: putting the most generally useful Wesleying posts in one place. What I’m mostly going for here are the general guides to specific things.
These are the ones I got from going through every post that was made in 2006. Yes, all 1042 of them. Considering that volume, I probably missed a couple: if there are any helpful posts you specifically remember please let me know and I’ll try to find them if you can’t. Some of them are outdated–mostly in regards to food–and I’ll try to make updates after I finish actually listing them all out.
Anyway, the list from 2006:
- Talk the Talk – Wesleyan slang (needs a bit of updating)
- A Few Middletown Attractions – some stuff to see in Middletown
- Motel Wesleyan – guide to mattress toppers
- Greek Life – summary/list of the societies/fraternities on campus
- Eating and Drinking Things at Wesleyan – guide to food on campus (seriously outdated)
- Holly and Xue’s Dorm Living FAQZ! – dorm living advice
- Network for n00bs – how to get stuff (easily) off the campus network (pretty much irrelevant)
- In sickness and in health – keeping yourself and our market economy healthy with (mostly) over the counter medicines
Given my current (read: empty) schedule for the rest of break, I’ll probably go through the rest of the posts some time over break as well.
I’m looking to write a few more of these later this year, namely a guide to housing on campus, and a guide to buying computers for college.