E-mails were just sent out informing us about the new meal plan we hinted at earlier. Here’s the official word:
Here is a summary of the meal plan information for 2008-09:
The following plans are available to freshmen, sophomores, juniors, and seniors:
- Block 210 MEALS/$100 POINTS PER SEMESTER (averages 14 meals per week)
- Block 165 MEALS/$275 POINTS PER SEMESTER (averages 11 meals per week)
- Block 135 MEALS/$475 POINTS PER SEMESTER (averages 9 meals per week)
- Block 285 MEALS/$50 POINTS PER SEMESTER (averages 19 meals per week) (with an additional cost of $300 per semester)
The following plan is only available to sophomores, juniors or seniors:
- Block 105 MEALS/$675 POINTS PER SEMESTER (averages 7 meals per week)
The following plan is only available to juniors and seniors:
- ALL DECLINING BALANCE POINTS / $1,478 POINTS PER SEMESTER
Another note made in the e-mail concerned Summerfields:
In addition to the changes in the meal plans, Bon Appetit will be introducing a new menu at Summerfields which will include a variety of grill items, quesadillas, wraps, soups and salads which will be available as a meal or by using points. More information will follow on this over the summer.
I’m going to try to reserve judgment until we get more info, but I’m concerned; I hope that they don’t change the restaurant-feel of the place (its primary appeal) to make it more cafeteria-like, and that “grill items, quesadillas, wraps, soups and salads” aren’t all it’s going to have to offer.