Barely a month left of summer break! If the prospect of returning to the mental invigoration of academia is too much for you in these dog days of July, here are random things with only marginal educational value to help you put off doing the useful things you’ve been meaning to for the past three months. Yeah there are a lot of Muppets:
– Minor Muppet characters (including Beaker, the Swedish chef, and the hecklers Statler and Waldorf) have their own new Youtube video channels. Watch the Swedish chef, Beaker, and Animal reenact “Habanera” from Carmen:
– Celebrate Discover Channel’s upcoming Shark Week by making hideous pictures of yourself (or your best friend, favorite LOLcat, etc.) with shark teeth. Like this formerly adorable baby:
– Miss Piggy is Diane Keaton and Kermit the Frog is Woody Allen in the “orgasm conversation” from Manhattan:
– Videogum does some ironic fan fictions. Some highlights: M. Night Shyamalan one-on-one with Alfred Hitchcock on the basketball court, Werner Herzog on “The Hills”, a recovered Batman/Joker love scene.
– CollegeHumor: Comic Sans saves the day in “Font Conference“:
– A chronological recap of the epic virtual dance-off between Miley Cyrus and the Adam Chu Dance Crew that has apparently taken the preteens of America by storm: