ATTENTION JUNIORS: the deadline for the Wesleyan Writing Program’s Annie Sonnenblick Writing Award has been extended. The applications are NOW DUE MONDAY, MARCH 30TH BY 5 PM.
We welcome applications for the Annie Sonnenblick Writing Award, given annually to a member of the junior class who shows unusual promise in creative writing.
Applicants should propose a writing project to be completed during the summer between their junior and senior years. The project does not have to be creative writing. The award provides funding of up to $1,500 to support the project and the writer’s summer living expenses. The completed project is due on the first day of the fall semester.
Juniors who have already submitted Olin Fellowship applications are welcome to submit the same proposal for Sonnenblick Award consideration.
To Apply for this Writing Award…
Submit four neatly packaged copies of the following material, each pack with a cover sheet:
1) a cover sheet giving your name, campus box number, cell phone number, and email address;
2) a personal statement introducing yourself and explaining your background and interests;
3) a description of the writing project you will undertake, including brief but specific comments about writers whose works are important to you;
4) a budget estimating the support you will need;
5) samples of your writing;
6) your resume;
7) a copy of your transcript (either the official or portfolio version); and
8) names of one or two references with their email addresses and telephone numbers.
Applications are due at Anne Greene’s office, Downey House (294 High St.), Room 207, by March 30, 2009 at 5:00 PM. Write email@example.com for more information.
Deliver applications to:
Anne Greene, Director of Writing Programs
294 High Street
Downey House, room 207