Micha Feiring ’11 sends us this campaign pitch.
Hey Class 2011,
It’s that time of the year again! WSA elections are open and I get the pleasure of harassing everyone for votes.
I have represented our class for the past four semesters (my entire time at Wesleyan). During my tenure I have worked to improve all areas of Student Life. After the Fountain avenue incident, it was my job to sit down with the Administration and demand a policy change. This year I have concentrated on drug policy and environmental issues.
Things I have done:
- Advocated for changes to the Code of Non-Academic Conduct
- Got Fire Safety to pay for on-campus Grills
- Simplified the party registration procedures
- Reduced Res-Life and Fire Safety fines
- Completed the proposal for a student-run EMS service
- 24/hr guest card access
- Worked to promote safe underage drinking
What I will do next year:
- Create a free WSA free student operated late-night café
- Reduce Wesleyan’s environmental footprint
- Implement the student-run EMS program
- Advocate for lower fines
- Continue to fight for safe underage drinking
I know the issues. I know which Administrators are awesome and which ones are douchebags. And, most importantly, I know how to get shit done!