Another Wes culinary tradition is this Friday: the annual Night Market, a night of delicious international food, games, and live music, reminiscent of a bustling Asian market. Definitely stop by if lobster is not to your taste.
It gets crowded quickly, so bring cash and get there early in order to sample the tastiest food.
Food will be provided by the following groups:
- Japan Society – Yakitori (grilled chicken) and red bean desert
- Taiwanese Cultural Society – Braised pork rice and bubble milk tea
- Rojak – Fried bananas
- PINOY – Fish balls and egg fritters
- Shakti – Halwa (Indian sweet) and Bhel Puri (spicy snack)
- PADThai – Thai Iced Tea
- Chinese Culture Club – TBA
- Indonesian Society – TBA
Live performances throughout the night by:
- Korean Drumming
- Ballroom Dancing
- Balinese Gamelan
- The Yo-yo boys
Also get henna tattoos from the Shakti table.
*Due to the weather this has been postponed to Saturday night, and relocated to Exley.
Date: Saturday, May 2nd
Time: 6-10 pm
Cost: As much cash as you’re willing to blow on food