Someone on the Anonymous Confession Board started a thread called “Thanks” and started it off by saying:
Did someone give you their last box of wheat thins so you could have dinner on tuesday night? What about a hug after your parents called in tears? Have an important conversation with someone on your hall you never thought you would talk to? Hear “I love you” and know they meant it?
Let’s begin a post thanking those who helped us. Positivity and compassion might ease the mourning process.
I want to post this Thank You on a more public forum than on the Anonymous Confession Board – I want the people we’ve thanked to be able to see it.
So, thank you…
- To the Wesleyan parents and alumni who offered their homes to people scared to stay on campus
- To the professors who were sympathetic and understanding about final exams at this time
- To the Middletown Police, for getting to the scene so quickly and working tirelessly to figure this case out
- To those people who cleared off Foss Hill so fast and possibly prevented… well, let’s not think about that.
- To Bon Appetit and those who brought us lunch for free while it wasn’t safe to leave our residences
- To everyone who called to check up on us and offered support, on campus and off
- To those people on campus who opened up their homes to people who didn’t want to be alone
- To the administration for their appropriate reaction and frequent, transparent updates to the student body
In this time of tragedy and mourning, thank you to everyone who showed compassion and support to members of the Wesleyan community when it was most needed.