Because we want your help in making Wesleying a better place, we’re having an open call for header submissions.
Both our most recent one and the Wesfest-hippie-bus one before that were meant to be temporary (and the current one most definitely is), but, well, life happens and we don’t have much time to improve on them. So we’re crowdsourcing!
If you’ve got any knack for graphic design/Photoshop/MS Paint/whatever and think you can do better than what’s up now, send us a design and it just might become our new masthead. If you check Wesleying often enough to care and have some time on your hands, this could be your chance to get your work seen by ~3,000 people per day.
Be as creative as you want to – add personality, make it conceptual, showcase whatever style you want to see at the top of this site. Or keep it neat and minimal. All we require is that:
- the name “Wesleying” is featured prominently in some form
- image is high quality, size is at least 900 by 150 pixels, no larger than 925 by 200
- file type is PNG or JPEG
- if you want, you can include the motto “Real student life at Wesleyan University”. But that’s optional.
No set deadline, but try to get whatever you come up with to us by the end of Fall Break (October 28th). Feel free to send as many as you’d like, and email all submissions to staff(at)wesleying(dot)org.
FYI: All our past headers have “Wesleying” in the font Trajan Pro, in case you’re interested in sticking to tradition.
If you’re interested in incorporating the Wesleyan shield, here is a large JPG of one. And please, don’t actually use the Cardinal. I mean, it had better be goddamn clever if you do.
Here are some other headers we’ve had in the past, for comparison:
- the original (circa 2006)
- the one after the original (circa 2007)
- April Fools’ Day ’08: Wellesleying
- April Fools’ Day ’09: John Wesleying
- Zonker Harris Day ’09