Ever wonder what exactly the members of the WSA spend their time doing? The WSA’s mid-year report has the answers.
This comprehensive report covers everything the WSA has done for the student body in the past semester. Check out some highlights below. Or better yet, view the full report here.
During the fall semester the WSA…
• Spoke out for students on Wesleyan’s budget cuts and stood up for the preservation of financial aid
• Cut through red tape and bureaucracy to bring Zipcar to campus
• Fixed the flaws with The Ride for implementation later this semester
• Launched the largest overhaul of Wesleyan’s Code of Non-Academic Conduct in over a decade
• Approved and negotiated the creation of the Green Fund
• Increased SBC transparency by making all allocations available in a searchable online database
• Redesigned the student e-portfolio, and currently working to simplify course registration
• Hosted the first student-sponsored Middletown mayoral debate in recent history
• Launched a new initiative to publicize student accomplishments in the Wesleyan community and media
The WSA’s job is to advocate for students. Have suggestions or concerns? Please share them with us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
And as always, all members of the Wesleyan community are invited to attend our weekly meetings Sundays at 7 PM in Usdan 108. At tonight’s meeting we will be discussing the mid-year report.
Becky Weiss, WSA VP