Brian Papish ’10 writes in about a funky end of the year blowout featuring The Phenomenal Handclap Band, Toussaint & Buru, Mamarazzi, and DJ Lord Lewis.
- The Guardian UK called the Phenomenal Handclap Band “astronauts of progressive soul, moored at the stellar point where rock, funk and psychedelia bloom into cosmic-disco amazingness.” Check out their video:
- Toussaint & Buru Style are, of course, Wesleyan’s own soul and reggae band. Come by and see them while you can, because they might not play at Wes next year!
- Mamarazzi spontaneously combusted under the careless scientific supervision of a group of Wesleyan University Alum. The band’s sound has been born and born again through daily revivals of its earthly ingredients. The result, like a ripe grapefruit, is that just-right combination of unlikely elements: tart funk, acidic groove, and nectar of ancient lullaby. Check it out:
- DJ Lord Lewis is the funkmaster of WESU. He’ll bring his personal collection of records to spin throughout the night.
- Also, Musicians Helping Hands will be selling CDs to benefit Kenyans in Kalemng’orok and Eldoret, so bring a few extra bucks!
Date: Saturday, May 1
Time: 9:00 PM
Place: Beckham Hall
(Visited 3 times, 1 visits today)