Want to be on social committee, the group that plans Spring Fling (as well as all other aspects of our social lives here at wes)?
For those who are total lamos, Spring Fling is Wesleyan’s annual mega-concert-awesome-event, duh. Applications for next year’s positions are due Sunday May 9th. Here’s the official blurb:
Spring Fling is an all-campus outdoor concert that happens every May. In the past, artists like GZA, The Hold Steady, and TV on the Radio have come to rock out Wesleyan’s student body. If you would like to be a member of the Social Committee, the group that plans Spring Fling, in the 2010-2011 school year, please answer these questions and send them to email@example.com by Sunday, May 9th. We will review all applications and contact applicants for interviews. The committee meets once a week according to member availability.
1) What have you enjoyed about past Spring Flings? What would you change? If you have not been to a Spring Fling here, say not applicable.
2) Do you think it’s better to try to bring as many acts as possible, or would you rather spend the money on one big act?
3) What is the best concert you have ever attended? Why?
4) Who would you like to bring next year?
5) Are you willing to wake up at 6 AM and set up Spring Fling?
6) Social Committee is looking for members with experience booking acts and arranging events. Have you done anything like this either at Wesleyan or elsewhere?
7) Is there anything else you would like to add?