Anonymous commenters, shoutbox-ers, ACB-ers: You want Wesleying not to crash every Finals Week (or other sporadic moments throughout the year). You want Wesleying to be more user friendly. You want to be able to sort through posts easier. You want aesthetic changes to be made quicker. You want it? You got it — That is, of course, if you can help us make that happen. Our server contract ends this year, and we are hoping to upgrade so Wesleying.2011 can be better, faster, stronger. With your fund$ we can:
- renew our contract, stay online
- upgrade our server! no more annoying 503s!
- have some $$$ to make Wesleying even more user-friendly and aesthetically pleasing (although we know you all loved the “Wesleying: a website for students who go here to Wesleyan” banner, having some money would make our redesigns faster and more professional)
- keep Wesleying 100% independent – We would like to remain completely financially independent and non-university affiliated (no SBC funds). Wesleying was created to be an independent student blog, and while it may only be symbolic, we’d like to have the independence to go on rants about the University like with the Tour de Franzia crackdown or the Fountain Avenue fiasco, or just post pictures of students in their underwear with Michael Roth’s face pasted on.
While Wesleying may not give you a sweet tote bag like NPR does, here are some reasons you should support us:
- because you love us? maybe?
- you’re a student who reads Wesleying during lectures, in Olin, when you want to see the S&C menu, for fun Ye Olde Wesleyan posts, and because you need a Wesleyan internet aggregator to keep you informed of when WesCam is up and running, of the existence of WesBreasts and WesTacles…or you want to find out who is lecturing at CHUM.
- you’re a rich alum or parent who’s too cool to want hir name on a building. Wesleying keeps you updated on what’s going on better than any Wesleyan listserv. Or you’re a poor alum with Cardinal spirit, an internet addiction, and $1 to spare.
- For a forum where students, administrators, administrators posing as students and students posing as administrators can discuss campus policies and news.
- For our dearly departed Sheek and Holly and Xue and so many others!
So if you are so inclined, make your donation to Wesleying’s PayPal account whether you’re a student, a parent, an alum, or just someone who googled “sex party.” You can donate any amount you wish, and show some class pride by adding your class year in cents (i.e. Michael Roth ’78, donate $100.78! Poor alum ’10, donate $1.10!). At least join the facebook event and spread it to your friends.
All of us at Wesleying
[Thanks to David Shimomura ’13 for photoshopping the awesome ‘Uncle Roth’ image for me for this post.]