The Pakistani Flood Relief Initiative, headed by Ali Chaudry ’12 and Zuleika Hester ’11, will meet in PAC 001 at 4 PM this Sunday to discuss fundraising strategies and awareness promotion. The damage caused by the massive flooding in Pakistan has been tremendous and widespread, killing hundreds and displacing millions. Though it cannot convey the true gravity of the situation, consider the following information:
- The disaster has been labeled the worst crisis in UN history.
- Recent estimates place the death toll at 1,500 people; another 21 million Pakistanis have been left homeless.
- Approximately 20% of the country is currently under water.
- Infrastructural destruction and bureaucratic inefficiency have impeded serious relief efforts.
If you find yourself moved by the plight of the Pakistanis, make an effort to the meeting. Interested students are encouraged to bring as many friends as possible. Food will be provided!
- Date: Sunday, September 19
- Time: 4:00
- Place: PAC 001