The Pakistan Flood Relief Initiative invites you to attend a panel discussion of the current humanitarian crisis. Professors Aradhana Sharma, Gary Yohe, and Michel Touchton will discuss the dynamics of the situation and conduct a nuanced analysis of the catastrophe. Food will be provided!
The following information comes from Flood Relief coordinator Jeff Breau ’11:
Pakistan’s Plight: A Country Grappling with Flood Devastation
- Worst disaster in UN History
- One fifth of the country underwater
- 7,000,000 Displaced
Join us Thursday, October 28th for a panel discussion with Aradhana Sharma, Gary Yohe, and Michael Touchton to learn more!
- What: Haveli Dinner and Faculty Panel Discussion on the flooding in Pakistan
- When: Thursday October 28th, 6-7:30
- Where: Daniel Family Commons (3rd floor Usdan)
- Tickets: Sold at Box Office beginning Tuesday October 26th, suggested donation of $8 for students and $15 for faculty.
While the dinner is free, donations are requested to help the cause; all proceeds go to Oxfam, Islamic Relief and the Red Cross.
Event made possible with the generous support of SBC, SALD, Office of International Student Affairs, Reslife (Residential Life), Office of Diversity and Institutional Partnerships, Chaplains’ Office