First, they told you that igloos weren’t safe. Then, they told you the outdoors weren’t safe (and then made you go to class in those unsafe conditions). But did they tell you that the insides of (non-snow) buildings weren’t safe either?
The Middletown Eye reports that the roof of a building on Main Street collapsed, as shown above.
“We were up on the third floor and we saw the beams start to sag” said Mike Dipiro, owner of a building at 505 Main Street which collapsed this morning. “And then we saw it crack. I told Chris (Conley) to run, and I called 911.”
“We just got down from the roof and I felt the blast,” said Sammy Bajraktarevic, owner of the Luce building and restaurant. “And I felt the blast. I was holding an umbrella and my first instinct was to hold the umbrella up to protect me from the blast. And I started screaming at the top of my lungs. I was screaming for Mike because I thought he was in front of the building.”
“I was standing in front of the building, and the firefighters heard it,” Dipiro said. “They said to run and I did, and then it just blew right across the street. The bricks were flying.”
The third floor was used as a storeroom for Oddfellows Playhouse, so it lost 36 years worth of costumes and props in the collapse.
Pingback: Freeman to Wes: “BRB,” Indefinite Hiatus – Wesleying
Pingback: Gym Closed – Wesleying
Pingback: Structural Integrity Concerns Are Concerning – Wesleying
Pingback: A Brief History of Wesnowpocalypses – Wesleying