Apparently something is going on in the WestCo Cafe this weekend? Something “titillating” and “rump-shaking”? It rhymes with Sturu Byle?
Jake Schofield ’12 has the, err, bluntly worded [see what I did there?] deets:
Some of you may recall a particular Reggae Rager in the WestCo Cafe nearly a year ago today. On Saturday, February 5th, the stars will align once again to provide a very voluptuous evening of sweaty, outrageous, titillating, rump-shaking. Buru Style—hot off a killer show at the Blue Note last weekend—will be performing for the first time in a long time with the whole band. Plus, this crazy awesome Haitian named Ajahni will be there to sing his fucking brains out.
Men with Bad Manners will kick it off at 10 PM with their joyous sounds of happy and splendid reggae music. Featuring bongos.
It is guaranteed to be a fucking awesome night. Eat a brownie, have some fun.
Recent reviews of Buru Style:
- Alek Barkats: “Dude, I’m so excited I’m gonna shit on my dick when I see tits!”
- Rolling Stone Magazine: “Pretty neat.”
- Pitchfork.com: “Buru Style is the best band since Chickniz and the Crack Connection.”
- Date: Saturday, February 5
- Time: 10:00 PM – 2:00 AM
- Place: WestCo Cafe
- Cost: —-
- Facebook: “I’m attending?”