For those not in the know: Daytrotter is a music website that specializes in three things that I care about, all really part of the same thing: live sessions with artists 7 days a week, giving away download links for these sessions for free, and really dense, crazy write-ups about these sessions that I should really spend more time looking at. If you’ve got other things to do, though, the titles will do just fine (sample from the links section: “A Confusing World At-Large Deciphered By Wolves And Men”).
Among the acts Daytrotter has lured into the studio (presumably under cinnamon-coated pretenses) are some of Wesleyan’s finest — ever-present The Management and recent visitors Bear Hands are among the many, many recordings.
Breaking Motherfucking News: A tip from sneakergaze while I was finishing up this post:
I’M AT THE — never mind, there’s no way that could end well, unlike this apparently upcoming Das Daytrotter sesh. Looks like I’ll be following up on this soon. OFWGKTA/DR collab?
National Weather Service travel advisory: two metric fucktons of links incoming. Read on for a return to our regularly scheduled programming.Enjoy this hopefully-complete list of Wesleyan-affiliated Daytrotter sessions. Here are the more direct connections:
- MGMT: 3 January 2011
- Darwin Deez: 11 February 2011
- Bear Hands: 24 April 2009
- Amazing Baby: 5 June 2009
These ones arguably don’t count, but they played here while I’ve been a student, so enjoy/grumble anyway:
- Bear in Heaven [our coverage; Method’s]: 11 October 2010
- Suckers [hype]: 14 July 2009, four times in 2010 [holy shit]
- Dirty Projectors [Spring Fling]: 7 May 2007, 26 October 2007
- Beach Fossils [special bonus time]: 11 August 2010
- Beach House [twice, apparently!]: 1 February 2010
- Shilpa Ray and her Happy Hookers [link-inside-the-link for more content]: 30 July 2009, 16 February 2011
- Twin Shadow [Doke Doy]: 5 January 2011
- Yeasayer [Write-up in the Argus]: 3 September 2007
- The Postelles [see the Yeasayer link]: 27 July 2010
- “Fucking” Titus “Andronicus” [FUCK]: 29 September 2008
If I missed anything, let me know (preferably with some sort of internet evidence) and I’ll probably add it. Apologies to anyone who was expecting more words and less links.
Sweet post, A-Batte. I see you’re crazy thorough with the tags, haha. ;P
Dude fucking Titus