“yoooo wesleying, you all should post this. it’s much better than that empire-state-of-mind-sampled jock anthem that you guys had up last year. This is fucking amazing. i’m gonna go watch it again.” —ACB
Anonymous ’11 was thoughtful enough to send in his History of Rock and R&B midterm video project for anyone in need of three really unproductive minutes right about now. This one’s pretty narrowly geared at the “people who know the Waka Flaka Flame song ‘No Hands’ and play Settlers of Catan” demographic. This is Wesleyan: I know you guys are out there somewhere. Actual lyrical excerpt:
Girl, drop them dice and roll,
But don’t let them fall on the floooooor.
All I wanna do is sit back and watch you move,
and we’ll proceed to play Catan.
Here’s what the thoughtful critical masses of the ACB have to say:
- “lol what is this shit? so glad my A- in organic chem counts the same as this bullshit in the eyes of the administration.”
- “assuming that’s an original beat, this lil midterm project is simultaneously better than nearly every music and every film thesis. “
- “holy loool shit is awesome. sorry orgo chem loser. memorizing facts isn’t that hard. There is a lot of awesome creative shit in this video!!!”
- “i loved it! i am am so glad i chose to come here! (but can someone say what the song it is? it is stuck my head now but ive never heard it) -international exchange :)”
- “YES THE CATAN COMMUNITY MUST KNOW OF THIS”
Note: you can view other MUSC108 video projects here.