Here’s wishing a happy and healthful 54th birthday to everyone’s favorite university administrator! For the one man on campus who works just as hard as those thesiscrazy demons but probably won’t get a chance to swig champagne on the Olin steps next Tuesday: take it easy for once. Celebrate in style.[nggallery id=4]
As posted last year, here is a partial collection of links pertinent to the study and celebration of all things Roth:
- Roth on Wesleyan: Roth’s blog on his experiences as Wes president; includes this recent, little-noticed April Fools gem.
- Michael S. Roth Wiki Page: A six five paragraphs! Detailed and dense. Note the recent Zonker Harris Day updates.
- Archived Huff Post Musings: How the hell does he have time for all this? Personal favorites include his thoughts on the Obama/Notre Dame commencement controversy and powerful response to Maine voters’ rejection of gay marriage.
- Hypothetical College Admission Essay: A poignant and moving response to the prompt: “Indicate a person who has had a significant influence on you, and describe that influence.” Well worth reading.
- Argus Interview: Roth reflects on his first two years as president.
- Roth’s College Years—Uncovered: Fascinating Argus article detailing Roth’s college years from the perspectives of those who knew him way back when . . .
- BOMB Magazine Interview: Fall 2000 issue (pre-Wes presidency); Roth discusses his scholarly interests and experiences in staggering depth.
- Ampersand coverage of Michael Roth’s birthday: From 2010 and 2011. Highlights include Roth Through the Ages (a sprawling timeline of Roth’s life and accomplishments), birthday party invitation, and “Other Shit That Happened on April Eighth.“
- Roth @ Camp, 1975: Embarrassing tagged Facebook photos. Enough said.
And also, the cutest wall post I have ever seen (name and face blacked for privacy):
Happy birthday, Michael! Chill out and listen to some Rothwave . . .
(Visited 79 times, 1 visits today)
Incredibly pretentious to set Facebook to French.
can you really take a pic like that of Kari and Roth sleeping off of facebook and post it here on wesleying without permission? creepy…..
Couldn’t agree more. So creepy. He just runs a university, he deserves some privacy.
He uploaded the image himself and posted it on his own very public Facebook account that has been made viewable to anyone at Wesleyan. But still, image removed for Kari’s privacy.
I <3 horses!!! Happy B-DAY Michael!