If last week’s epic Matisyahu/Chiddy Bang meltdown demonstrated anything, it’s that students on all sides of the debate have been disillusioned with the inner-workings of concert-booking at Wesleyan. This forum offers a constructive venue for discussion and change:
- Booked a show at Wes?
- Want to book a show here?
- Have ideas for how the concert committee process could be better?
- Want to discuss by-law amendments?
- Just want to complain?
Grab your lunch and come to this meeting on Thursday 4/14 at noon in Fayerweather 106. We will draft amendments to the concert committee’s by-laws (posted on the home page of this Facebook group) to propose to the WSA on Friday and Sunday. The goal is to have a clear and fair process that better corresponds with the realities of Wesleyan’s concert-bookers and music fans.
Some topics might include:
- an info session that the CC is required to host at the beginning of the semester,
- a process for booking shows over the summer,
- a process for dealing with shows over e-mail,
- limitations on the sbc’s ability to use CC funds without a vote from the CC,
- CC office hours,
- a different committee selection process,
- and whatever ideas you have that you believe would be helpful.
- Date: Thursday, 4/14
- Time: 12:00 PM – 1:00 PM
- Place: Fayerweather 106