Apply TODAY for a paid editorial position with the Wesleyan Writing Blog!
Are you interested in writing, editing, and blogging? Do you want to be involved in shaping a community of writers on campus? Do you already have dozens of writing-related bookmarks on your internet browser? Are you eager to add publishing credit and writing experience to your resume?
We want you to work with us to help develop, promote and write for the Wesleyan Writing Blog!
- Exceptional writing skills
- A meticulous editorial eye
- Creativity and enthusiasm for all aspects of writing, from critical to creative
- Blogging experience and familiarity with WordPress preferred
- Basic understanding of Wesleyan’s Writing Programs and the services they provide
- Write at least ten blog posts per month
- Contribute short, lighter pieces as needed (vocabulary of the day, links to exceptional articles, etc.)
- Monitor comments
- Receive, edit, and post submissions from outside sources (event notifications, announcements, etc.)
- Streamline and beautify the presentation (working with formatting, images, etc.)
- Maintain relationships with other campus blogs, literary magazines, journals, etc.
- Advertize and publicize the blog
- Writing Samples (descriptions below)
- Submit a sample post of roughly 500 words on the subject of your choice. Look back through the archives to get a sense of the types of posts we publish. This post should be representative of your creativity, interests, and personal tone as a blogger.
- Draft a post announcing that the Writing Workshop will be closing for the end of the semester on December 12. (Pretend that you are posting in early December.)
- Briefly describe your interest in and qualifications for this position, along with any ideas you have about future directions for the blog.
Send your application as an attachment to email@example.com by Monday, September 25 at 11:59pm. Please do not hesitate to contact us with any questions.
– Anya Backlund and Katherine Mechling, Ford Fellows in the Writing Programs