Persevere. If you’re reading this, you’re probably aware that AirWes still works in some pockets. You probably already know the important stuff:
- Sci Li’s open at 4pm for people with unreasonably cold residences. Camping time!
- The power will probably be out for another 24 hours at least – (very) amateur estimates go between 24 hours to 1 whole week, but then again, they’re amateurs for a reason.
- Weshop was open for a little today, taking cards but not cash. Not sure whether the same will be the case tomorrow.
- Price Chopper is open, last I heard.
- Some things on Main Street are open, last I heard. Rite Aid, particularly, but sources say that cash only, no credit.
- Stay away from the power lines and fallen trees.
- Some word is going around that a couple of the dorms have sockets that work – but numbers of such sockets are sparse. I can’t confirm this to be sure (my source was dubious), but if there’s any out there, and if you’re in the vicinity of one and you’re reading this, do let campus know.
- The power outage is affecting the whole of Central Connecticut, so I hear. New Haven isn’t hit, Hartford isn’t hit.
Take care, and do keep safe, Wesfolks. In due time, we’ll be back in classes, and bitching about homework. For now, cuddle around – this is probably a really good opportunity to make new friends, and strengthen the bond with old ones!
(Visited 11 times, 1 visits today)