…and you still are aware of the few internet spots on campus, here’s a couple more heads up:
- RIGHT NOW (12-2) – WesWings, free hot food, free coffee, free charging station for cell phones.
- Sci Li remains open, snuggle parties 4eva
- Mamouns (the falafel dude) is still prowling in day time. If you have cash, perfectly good time to sink into warm food and onion rings and shit.
- Still not much info about when the power will be back on – sources cite IMS as saying Thursday most likely, other sources still hopeful on tonight or tomorrow.
- Price Chopper remains open and with power; if you don’t have a car, it’s actually walking distance. But if you do choose to walk, plan accordingly – when it gets dark, man, it gets dark out there.
- I spotted an AT&T generator unit out on Lawn – I presume AT&T now has connection, Verizon has always had connection, and T-Mobile I’ve been told has resumed connection.
- Anybody has any updates on Usdan? Does it remain open for warmth and snuggles?
Yeah, so – right about now is the time when the hot water reserves in your house/dorm tanks run out. But don’t worry; cold showers are a great way to wake up, and according to my metro-fabulous roommate this summer (EP’10, you know who you are), is a great way to clear up your skin follicles, producing a nicer glow. Case and point: the Scandinavian people. But make sure you get into warmth ASAP – the temperature dropped pretty bad last night, but has since risen to a pretty manageable level.
To parents who are concerned: don’t worry. There hasn’t seem to be any accidents and injuries of note (or so I have heard of, speaking to as many people as possible), and food and warmth and company and shelter are of adequate supply. The school is working as hard as they can, affiliates of the school are being amazing people (YUHHH WESWINGS 4 LYFE), and the Middletown services and community has been fantastic.
If you’ve fled Middletown or have contacts back in here, please post down at the comments the facts of the situation – for the peace of mind of the parents, and for others. If you’re aware of anybody who’s looking for their kid, please give a hand. And if you’ve shuttling out of Middletown temporarily, do stock up and if you can, distribute essential supplies. (Screw dat Hobbesian state of nature!) If you know of any developments in the situation, do let us know.
Anyway, as for yours truly, not even Mother Nature will stop me from writing my thesis. Give me the plague, give me locusts, but I will finish this bad boy. And if you need some company or whatever info I have (though, frankly, I can’t spare my food rations), feel free to hit me up – I live on the top of Home, on the left.
Stay warm and stay together, folks!
(Visited 4 times, 1 visits today)