Following up on a previous post about former mayor Sebastian Giuliano‘s pending appointment to the CT State Elections Enforcement Commission, students are now organizing a protest in Hartford to show their discontent at the nomination. Check it out:
- What: protest against Giuliano’s appointment to the SEEC & delivery of a formal complaint charging him with violating state election laws
- Date: Tuesday, January 17th aka TOMORROW!
- When: 3:30 PM
- Where: State Elections Enforcement Commission @ 20 Trinity Street, Hartford, CT
- Who will be there: Wesleyan and other Connecticut college and high school students, along with various civil rights groups
- Who to contact: Gabriela De Golia ’13 and Mansoor Alam ’15 (also, let them know if you have a car!)
If you’re in Connecticut and free on Tuesday afternoon, looks like it’s time to get back in the Wesleyan-protesting-swing-of-things.