Day of Unplugging, an annual opportunity for students to put down their YouTubes and iPager gadgets and connect with friends by not answering their texts, is back. This time there are a whole series of events by the Wesleyan Jewish community—and free freaking t-shirts. What’s not to like (except not on Facebook)? Sydney Lewis ’14 has more:
Disconnect to reconnect: join the Wesleyan Jewish community as we turn off our technology (phones, iPods, TVs, computers) for a day of reflection and quality time with real people.
- Day of Unplugging Shabbat, Friday 6 pm
- Challah for Hunger baking, Saturday 1 pm
- Yoga with Shira Engel ’14, Saturday 2 pm
- Meditation with Becky Schisler ’14, Saturday 3 pm
- Music with Alex Ginsberg ’14 and friends, Saturday 4 pm
- Havdalah and discussion, Saturday 5 pm
SIGN A PLEDGE TO UNPLUG THIS WEEK IN USDAN 5-7 PM TO RECEIVE A “DAY OF UNPLUGGING” T-SHIRT!
Here’s last year’s video pitch.
Date: Friday, February 10 – Saturday, February 11
Time: 6 PM – 6 PM
Place: The Bayit: 157 Church Street
Facebook: enjoy it while you can