My main man Jacob Eichengreen ’13 and his pitiful attempts at facial hair sends in a notice to inform you fine folks of two things:
- Espwesso opens tomorrow, not tonight; and
- The deadline for applications to be a bona-fide Espwesso barista/barback are due on Tuesday (4/27)
Check out a reprint of Eichengreen’s call for applications after the jump.
Mmmm… it smells like springtime.
Espwesso is looking for a new barback/barista trainee to replace our graduating and abroading staff!
The position is open to current freshmen and sophomores only (sorry, Ross Gormley and the rest of you old folks)
As a barback, you will work one to two 9pm-11pm shifts a week. You will be working during our busy periods, at the same time as a barista, and will be responsible for working the register station, brewing drip coffee and anything else the barista needs so that they can make drinks as fast as possible. You will receive 3-5hrs of mandatory paid training from the cafe manager over the course of the spring semester. Satisfactory completion of work as a barback will make you eligible to become a barista, which will involve a raise and the requirement of working at least one 5 hour shift a week. Baristas at Espwesso are responsible for making drinks, taking suggested per-drink donations, and cleaning and maintaining the cafe space. We are seeking students who are willing to commit sustained time and energy to this cafe, are welcome to apply. Food-service (especially café) experience is a plus but not a requirement.
Please send short answers to the following questions (and a resume, if you have one) to hcressy(at)wesleyan(dot)edu by this Tuesday, March 27th, at 11:59PM.
1. Are you work study? (this is work study only!)
2. What days Sunday-Thursday are you available to work 9:00pm-11:00pm?
3. Why do you want to work at the cafe?
4. What’s your relationship to coffee?
5. Given free reign, what are some albums you’d listen to during your shift?
6. What sorts of activities give you creative outlet and inspiration?