From Becca “champ” Wilton ’15:
WesFRESH (Wesleyan Students for Real Ethical Sustainable Habits) invites you to celebrate the signing of the Real Food Challenge Campus Commitment!
The Real Food Challenge Campus Commitment is a contract that will be signed by President Michael Roth and Dining Director Michael Strumpf to increase real food at Wesleyan to 20% by 2020. Real food is food that is local and community-based, ecologically sound, fair to humans and ethical for animals.
In honor of this historic event in Wesleyan’s history and to celebrate Earth Week, there will be speakers, the signing of the commitment, and a picnic-style meal with food grown at local farm Urban Oaks and other sustainable farms.
- Fresh blend of salad greens from Urban Oaks and Starlite Gardens
- Crisp apple cider vinaigrette laced with Roman mint
- From Exeter, New Hampshire: The organic “devine burger” served on a multi-grain kaiser roll
- From Meadow Meat, Middletown, CT: Fresh chicken sausage served on a pretzel roll
- From Urban Oaks, New Britain, CT: A sauté of local golden potatoes, caramelized onions and fresh ribbons of spinach à la Florentine
- From the Horse Listener’s Orchard: A fresh rasberry and blueberry tart with spearmint Chantilly
Don’t forget your picnic blanket and eating utensils!
All electricity at this event will be powered by the College of the Environment’s bike generators.
Date: Saturday, April 21st
Time: 4:30 to 7:00 p.m.
Place: CFA courtyard
Cost: One meal swipe