Incumbent candidate Zach Malter ’13 also writes in with a statement on behalf of himself and VP candidate Mari Jarris ’14:
We’re Zach Malter ’13 and Mari Jaris ’14, and we’re running for WSA President and Vice President.
As President and Academic Affairs Chair, we stood up to the administration to introduce Academic Minors, establish a Sustainability Staff Position, and increased Dining Points by up to 130 points per student.
Other Major Results:
- Saved financial aid from budget cuts and organized forum on Wesleyan’s affordability
- Launched WesProfessor Evaluation Website and affordable online Text Book Exchange
- Revitalized transportation with RideGPS, M*Link Buses, and DC & Philly shuttles
- Defended student rights on Tour de Franzia, blackout response and preventing shortening of Drop/Add
- Founded Middletown Relations Committee, Substance-free Space and Spring Student Groups Fair
- Increased WSA accessibility through Office Hours, Cabinet, and Suggestion Box
We have been working to make the WSA more transparent, accessible, and representative of student needs, particularly by forming partnerships with student groups.
If elected, we will fight to protect financial aid, repeal restrictive administrative policies (chalking ban, limits on student forums), create more student spaces (arts, athletics, student groups), increase dining points and academic minors, and expand student health services (mental health resources, free STI testing).
Thank you for considering our candidacy! Voting is open ’till Friday at this link.