Looks like I spoke too soon: it’s going to thunderstorm tonight and tomorrow morning; hence, the hill/stage area is going to be wet; hence, Spring Fling is in the ice rink. Whoops. Looks like the groundskeepers made the call earlier than expected.
Says Spring Fling Committee member Phil “Trill” Weinstein ’13 on behalf of the committee: “We’re doing everything we can to make it still awesome.” Alas, you can’t bring alcohol anymore. Anyone know why “ice rink” and “legal-age drinking” are incompatible? I don’t.
Here’s the all-campus email:
Dear Wesleyan Students,
Due to inclement weather and consequent safety and grounds concerns, this year’s Spring Fling, Thursday, May 10, 2012 from 1-5 will be moved to the ice rink at the Freeman Athletic Center. We’re doing everything we can to make this indoor experience the best it can possibly be – with funds normally used for fencing and staging, we’re investing in lighting, projection, and sound. The show goes on. We hope to see you there!
As is always the case, the Code of Non Academic Conduct is in effect and members of the community are expected to abide by the policies. In order to preserve the future of Spring Fling and ensure that students can continue to enjoy this, we want you to be aware of what to expect:
- Students are not allowed on the stage. Having students on the stage endangers both students as well as the sound equipment and performers. In addition, performers have the right, by their contract, to stop performing if individuals climb on the stage. We ask for your assistance by staying off the stage to insure that this Spring Fling isn’t cut short unnecessarily.
- Alcohol will not be allowed in the Athletic Center Building under any circumstance. Any student who shows up severely intoxicated will be turned away at the door.
- Anyone who violates the Code will be referred to Student Judicial Board.
- You must have your WesID to enter and each Wes Student may bring one (1) guest with them, that guest must have state issued ID.
- No beverages or food will be allowed into the facility and all students will be checked before they enter the building.
- The only entrance to Freeman will be the Cross Street Entrance.
We appreciate your cooperation in helping us make Spring Fling a successful event! With your cooperation we can insure the future of Spring Fling.
WSA Social Committee, SALD & The Dean’s Office