Not sure if Faisal Kirdar ’14 means for this to be funny or not…
Do you have a strong sense of humor but are often misunderstood? Do you have great lines but have trouble getting them out in the moment? Is it not always clear to others when you are telling a joke? If you answered yes to any of the above, you are not alone! Come share your best (and worst) stories with Hit or Miss, Wesleyan’s brand new comedy support group tomorrow at 6:30 pm in Albritton 004. We’ll listen to your stories and laugh along when they’re great…and not so great.
Unlike other comedy groups on campus, we are non-exclusive and do not perform publicly. Our mission is to provide a safe place to share all things funny. In addition to an open mind, if you’d like to, feel free to bring a few stories/jokes to share with the group.
Here are some things we’re looking for:
- Stories that YOU think are funny
- Humorous observations on the human condition
- Funny scenes from movies/TV shows ( e.g. “remember that time in Glee when…”)
- New Yorker cartoon captions that should have won
- “What’s the deal with _____?”
- Youtube clips that you think are funny but you are always nervous to share
- Hindsight jokes and missed comebacks
Date: Wednesday, October 24
Time: 6:30-7:30 PM
Place: Albritton 004