And we’re back. For the second day in a row, the All Student Meeting on Budget Priorities is streaming, live on USTREAM, courtesy of Ben Doernberg’ 13. As I write this, WSA President Zachary Malter ’13 is giving an introduction; you can watch him above or on USTREAM.
As Syed noted yesterday, these are some of the hypothetical budget-cutting options that the Task Force is considering:
- Increase faculty teaching load from 4 courses to 5 courses a year
- Replace fifteen tenure-track professors with visiting professors
- Eliminate 13 staff members
- Reduce library acquisition budget by 29%
- Reduce facilities maintenance budget
- Sell faculty/staff and graduate rental units
- Eliminate half of woodframe houses
- Change housing system so that most frosh are n triples and most sophomores are in doubles
- Reduce athletics
- Reduce co-curricular programs
- Raise tuition more rapidly than inflation
- Draw more money from the endowment every year
- Eliminate the no loan policy for students from families making less than $40,000 a year
F0r more detail on any of these, watch the stream.