Are you interested in a paid internship focused on sustainability efforts at Wesleyan? Noah Markman ’13 has good news for you, because a Sustainability Intern position is opening up for the spring of 2013:
The position will require ten hours of paid time per week, split by two students. It will be filled by students regardless of their work-study eligibility, but will be restricted by the 5 hour per week maximum. Pay is $8.25+/hour (depending on class year), 14 weeks/semester.
- What: Sustainability Intern position
- When: next semester
- Paid: Oh yes!
- Application Deadline: Wednesday, December 5th
To apply, send your resume and a one paragraph statement to wesustainability[at]gmail[dot]com by Wednesday, December 5th. Interviews will be held by appointment on Friday December 7th. More info about responsibilities after the jump!
Sustainability Intern Responsibilities include:
- Coordinate and execute the woodframe “Do It In the Dark” monthly competition
- Publicize the competition
- Inform students about Wesleyan’s energy goals and usage (i.e. President’s Climate Commitment, institutional goals, etc.)
- Coordinate and execute the Waste Not! Item Collection and Tag Sale
- Design and maintain waste and recycling education programs