Here’s your heads up! You only have a limited time to get storm preserves or a nice hot latte.
- Weshop will be open from 11 AM to 3 PM today.
- Pi Cafe will close at 2 PM today
- Usdan will close at 7 PM tonight and reopen tomorrow at 10 AM.
- Summerfields will be closed for dinner; Usdan will serve dinner 4 – 7 PM; Late night dining at Usdan is closed.
- Broad Street Books and Red & Black will close at 1:30 PM today, and reopen at noon tomorrow.
- WesWings is open from 11 AM- 2 PM and 5 PM – 8 PM
Library hours are also truncated:
Wesleyan libraries–Art, Science and Olin–will close at 5pm today due to Nemo. Tomorrow morning will send update on Saturday opening times.
— Wesleyan Library (@WesLibNews) February 8, 2013
Let the storm frenzy begin! Run for your life! May the odds be ever in your favor.
More storm info/facilities hours from Dean Mike Whaley:
- Middletown has declared a parking ban that prohibits parking on all streets – please immediately move vehicles to student lots to avoid being ticketed and towed
- Strong winds are expected at the height of the storm this evening. These winds may cause tree damage and/or down power lines. We encourage all students to remain in their residences this evening. Please report any hazardous situations or power outages to Public Safety at 860-685-2345.
- Given the possibility of localized power outages, please fully charge cell phones, laptops, etc. If we experience lengthy power outages, we will provide you with shelter options on campus
- Libraries will close at 5pm today
- Davison Health Center will close at noon today and remain closed tomorrow. Medical staff and therapists will remain available 24/7 through usual on call procedures
- Freeman Athletic Center will close at noon today and will reopen at noon tomorrow
- The RIDE campus shuttle will not operate tonight
If you have class later in the day, keep checking for an updated e-mail from your professor. It might be rescheduled.
Update: Another update from the University, via email:
The university is open today. Individual faculty may choose to reschedule their classes if they feel the need to do so, and non-essential personnel are encouraged to leave at noon. Students should check email for notices of class cancellations from their professors.
Meals will continue to be available in Usdan. Dean Whaley will be sending email to students regarding student services. Please note that a snow parking ban is in effect. If you are on campus and need help with storm related matters, please call Public Safety at 860-685-2345. For emergencies, call 860-685-3333.