From Alysha Warren:
WEconSent is a 7 week sexual violence organizing training series that prepares students to organize and lead sustainable programming on campus that is survivor informed. The training provides an overview of sexual violence, effective organizing principles, best practices in sexual violence education and helps students build facilitation skills to navigate emotionally difficult discussions and empowers them to become active bystanders. Students will lead and develop programming during the course of the training.
Logistics: Wednesdays, 12PM-1PM beginning Sept 25 – Nov 6, 2013.
Sign up by Monday, Sept 23rd. Register here. Contact Alysha B. Warren, LPC (awarren[at]wesleyan[dot]edu) with questions.
- Understanding Rape Culture
- Community Organizing as Prevention
- Intimate Partner Violence/Stalking
- We Speak We Stand Bystander Intervention
- Invisible Survivors
- Best Practices in Sexual Violence Education and Programming
- Facilitating Difficult Conversations