Sometimes, when I let my mind wander, really random questions slither into it such as why the Korean War hasn’t ended yet and why we still have the Raisin Administrative Committee from the era of the New Deal that gets to decide how many raisins American farmers can sell…
Maybe, I ponder, there is no time to return to archaic laws or create legislation on issues so far in the past. The government must be too busy passing laws that address current issues (or not). Womp womp.
Anywho, not only do we have ridiculous federal laws, but we also have some pretty ridiculous state laws. I mean, there are some really bizarre ones. So, for all you troopers getting through the last night of finals week, here is a list of lists that compile some laws we simply don’t need anymore (slash never did).
1. This one’s pretty good. Did you know that it’s illegal to wear pants that are form-fitting around the waist in the state of Delaware? Pretty sure every girl at the University of Delaware has broken this law.
2. This one’s good too. Apparently, we’re not allowed to walk across the street on our hands in our great state of Connecticut… oopsies.
3. This one gives us some funny laws on marriage. Kentucky doesn’t let you marry the same man four times. Mm, if you are trying to marry the same guy a fourth time, I think you may have larger problems than the law.
4. This one gives us some ridiculous laws on sex. I’m also pretty sure most of the Hoosiers you know at Indiana have broken this law.
5. This one lists some absurd laws on animals. If a cow is to cross a state road in New Hampshire, the cow is required to be wearing an apparatus that will catch its feces. The poor cow.
You can have a really fun time googling ridiculous laws in the US but also beware kiddies that not everything out there is verified. In fact, this person was so dedicated to understanding more about the phenomenon that she really got into it. Check it out.
Until next time, POWER THROUGH. Finals are almost done and then you have all of winter break to procrastinate and look up whatever you want on the internet! Happy Friday everyone.