From Sarah Chrystler ’13/GRAD:
Juniors: apply for the ANNIE SONNENBLICK WRITING AWARD
The Sonnenblick family has established this award in memory of Annie Sonnenblick, a member of the Wesleyan class of 1980, who took great pleasure in literature and the creative arts. The award provides funding to a junior who wishes to undertake an independent writing project during the summer between junior and senior years. The deadline is MARCH 3, 2014 AT 4:30 P.M.
Applicants should propose a writing project to be completed during the summer between their junior and senior years. Previous winners have written short fiction, collections of poetry, and nonfiction projects such as biographical sketches and studies of places. The award provides funding of up to $4,000 to support the project and the writer’s summer living expenses. The completed project is due on the first day of the fall semester. Please submit the following printed application materials: four neatly packaged copies of all required materials #1-8 to: Professor Anne Greene, Director of Writing Programs, Downey House, 294 High Street, Room 207
1. a cover sheet giving your name, campus box number, cell phone number, and email address;
2. a personal statement introducing yourself and explaining your background and interests;
3. a description of the writing project you will undertake, including brief but specific comments about writers whose works are important to you;
4. a budget estimating the support you will need;
5. samples of your writing;
6. your resume;
7. a copy of your transcript (either the official or portfolio version); and
8. names of one or two references with their email addresses and telephone numbers.