Rather than halfheartedly trying to quote lyrics from “In the Heights” or some other thing written by this year’s commencement speaker and honorary degree recipient Lin-Manuel Miranda ’02, we’ll just skip ahead to: “Hey y’all, good morning!” It’s the 183rd Commencement at Wesleyan University, and we’re outdoors at Denison Terrace/Andrus Field/Foss Hill live-blogging all the speeches, processions, and every single name read (okay, none of the names) at today’s graduation ceremony.
Along with Miranda, Spellman College president Beverly Daniel Tatum ’75 and Goodspeed Musicals executive director Michael P. Price are receiving honorary degrees. Things should be getting started around 11 a.m.
Congratulations to the Class of 2015, and even more congratulations to all the many Wesleying editors and contributors who are graduating as well! You can watch a livestream of the ceremony here.
Update: You read all the speeches and watch Miranda’s address below. And here’s the official Wesleyan newsletter article on the event.
- Read all of Lin-Manuel Miranda’s address is here. And you can watch the video below.
- Beverly Daniel Tatum’s address is here.
- Michael P. Price’s address is here.
- President Michael S. Roth’s address to the Class of 2015 is here.
- The text of the senior class welcome by Marissa Castrigno ’15 is here.
- There’s also info on the Binswanger Prize for Excellence in Teaching recipients is here.
- And finally, here’s the Wesleyan University official Flickr album for R&C.