From Emily Pfoutz ’16:
Please respond by Wednesday, November 25th (Thanksgiving break). Underclassmen preferred.
Job Description and Application:
This is a training position that prepares you to work as a barista at Espwesso the following semester. Baristas at Espwesso are responsible for making drinks, taking suggested per-drink donations, and cleaning and maintaining the cafe space. As a barback, you will work one to two 9pm-11pm shifts a week. You will be working during our busy periods, at the same time as a barista, and will be responsible for working the register station, brewing drip coffee and anything else the barista needs so that they can make drinks as fast as possible.
You will receive 3-5 hrs of mandatory paid training from the cafe manager(s) over the course of the semester. Satisfactory completion of a semester’s work as a barback will make you eligible to become a barista, which will involve a raise and the requirement of working at least one 5 hour shift a week.
- Are you work-study?
- What is your relative availability Sunday – Thursday nights (9pm -1am), and how many hours do you anticipate wanting to work per week?
- Describe your relationship with coffee. Why do you want to work at the cafe?
- What other activities and organizations do you take part in during the school year?
- Tell us about something interesting or weird you’ve heard/read about this past week.
- Use an experience to illustrate your ability to work in customer service or group environment. What are your strengths? What are your weaknesses?
- Working at Espwesso, you may run into unforeseen problems. What skills or qualities will allow you to succeed and react when these situations inevitably arise?
Deadline: Wednesday, November 25th