I thought I was going to get work done tonight, but the pre-reg deities had other plans. Welcome to WesMaps 2017-2018, your new form of future-building, stress-inducing procrastination.
Truth be told, we don’t usually post about fall WesMaps until spring pre-reg, but since the new WesMaps link is already spreading like wildfire on social media, we thought we’d make an exception. Most of the courses aren’t even up yet, so we’ll hold off on our “best of” list, but here are some initial observations:
- Stephen Angle is teaching a “Human Rights Across Cultures” course, which is listed as a CEAS/PHIL class but encompasses worldly and contemporary issues (Universal Declaration of Human Rights, Amnesty International, etc.)
- Film majors will note that in the spring, the department is offering both “Film Noir” AND “Alfred Hitchcock,” both traditionally taught by Jeanine Basinger. Only “Film Noir” has Jeanine’s name attached to it, which leads me to believe that she’s passing the torch on to someone else for teaching Hitchcock. (Sidebar: “Hitchcock” is listed as having a “course fee” of $60, and I don’t think that’s for books. What could it be for???)
- Also, “History of Censorship.”
- Work work work work work work. Utter nonsense, too.
- Yes this class covers the TV show “Girls” as well as fictional girls in general and I don’t know how to feel about it.
- yoooooo they have a graphic novel class that teaches “Fun Home,” “Watchmen,” “Sandman,” and the undeniably great “Saga” series. It is, however, an FYS, so good luck pretending to be a freshman in order to get in.
- The French Studies in Translation courses are getting very, um, action and adventure-y.
- Someone please tell me what an autoschediasm is.
- This is probably just a placeholding name, but you can learn all about Ron Ebrect history from Ron Ebrect.
- CSS looks like the same hell it’s always been. Godspeed to all of you, comrades.
- Oof. Double oof. Triple oof. Jesus, GOVT.
- MJR is back from sabbatical, and I highly recommend you take one of her classes.
- The course listings for SOC are pretty much nonexistent right now. Sorry, SOC majors.
- I’m not a science major, as you can probably tell, but there is a lot of science (and mathematics) to choose from, y’all.
- We finally have a Black Lives Matter course.
- This looks amazing and I am here for it.
- wilk thought the name of this course was really funny and had to be shared.